HR Internship Program
EHR is a boutique human resources consulting firm. providing executive and specialty search, compensation and benefits analysis, diversity, equity and inclusion, employment investigations, training, and transition services. We offer outsourcing and HR project services to clients across various business sectors, including nonprofits, philanthropic organizations and for-profit companies in Washington, DC, New York and nationally.
The firm offers an internship program for students to gain unique HR consulting experience. The Human Resources Intern will assist with recruiting, generalist project preparation, support, and research for senior consultants. The position is approximately 5-10 hours a week.
Typical responsibilities include assisting senior consultants with the following:
- Conducting phone screens and reference checks.
- Recruiting sourcing research.
- Providing assistance with compensation and benefits reports.
- Assisting with data entry, data analysis and preparation of quarterly and annual reports on exit interviews with metrics and industry trends.
- General research in support of client HR projects and outsourcing initiatives.
- HR research on policies, laws, regs, best practices.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
Students are offered the chance to earn their certificate in DEIB (paid for by EHR) and participate in a networking skills seminar.
This position requires:
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field, working towards Master’s degree in human resources management, and related internship experience.
- Successful experience working in a remote team environment either with school or another internship.
- Friendly, easy to work with interpersonal style.
- A strong client service approach with excellent follow-up.
- Quality writing and research skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative, innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to produce properly formatted proposals, reports and memos and to assist with the design of presentations for business development and/or training.
- Flexible approach and enthusiasm for new learning.
- Knowledge of ADP helpful.
Interns will work remotely in a virtual team. This position is best suited for a candidate looking to grow.
EHR is committed to providing an opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to Stacey Berk, Founder & Managing Consultant, [email protected].